This seminar can be given in a three- to five-day format. The topics covered can be adapted to your requirements. The class is intended for ISP customer support staff tasked with troubleshooting network circuit, IP routing and application-level service problems and initiating resolutions.
Intended for folk familar with IP networks and associated application services, but not necessarily familiar with the detailled operation of these.
Topics to be covered include:
- telco circuits: T1, T3, ch-T3, OC-3, OC-12, etc
- TCP/IP overview
- IP routing: BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, etc
- route filtering
- packet filtering and firewalls
- using router interface diagnostic tools, BERT tests
- using IP routing tools: ping and traceroute
- configuring application services:
- web services
- email services
Contact us for pricing and availability of this class.